Sales FAQs

Do I need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to sell my home?

Marketing of the property cannot commence until an EPC is secured. This will be obtained via a third-party assessor subject to prior arrangement and you must make payment directly to the providers.

Do I need a ‘For Sale’ board outside my home?

You will not be forced to have a board outside your home, but it is proven to improve your chance of a sale. Subject to receiving your approval, we will place it in an agreed location, so far is allowed by law. You will not be responsible for any replacement costs including third party or storm damage.

Will you need a set of keys for viewings?

If you instruct us to hold keys to a property, they may be released to others at our discretion. However, we cannot be held responsible for the security of any contents and fixtures during visits.

As the agent, we will not be liable for any injury or damage to third parties arising from their inspection of the premises and you (the client/owner) agree to indemnify us and our employees against any third-party claims and associated expenses.

We will be under a duty to take reasonable care in the conduct of viewings but will be under no obligation to maintain the property, repair it or keep it secure unless we have entered into a specific management agreement or other contract to carry out such obligations. Subject to that, we accept no responsibility for any damage to the property and you are advised to take all necessary precautions to avoid damage by frost, adverse weather or other similar risks and to ensure that insurance cover is in place.

Who is responsible for writing my property description?

If you agree for us to market your property, we will compile a detailed property description. Nothing is published in print or online until you are 100% happy with it and we will email you with a draft to review and tweak.

It is a criminal offence for us, as an agent, to give a false or misleading description of any property. In addition, any misrepresentation could allow a prospective purchaser to withdraw and/or sue you (the client/owner) for damages.

In preparing a description of the property, we will assume but will not be responsible for, checking that:

  • All information supplied by the client owner or their professional advisers regarding the property is complete and accurate;
  • All information provided as to the extent of and ownership of the property is complete and accurate;
  • The property has been constructed and is occupied with valid planning, building regulation and all other necessary approvals;
  • The property complies with all the other statutory requirements including fire, health, environmental and safety at work regulations.

You must notify us immediately if any of the above points are not completely true and accurate and you agree to indemnify us and our employees against any claim, losses and expenses arising from any misdescription of the property that arises wholly or partly from any false or misleading information that you have supplied to the agent, or from any failure or omission on the part of you (as the client/owner) to supply the agent with the relevant information.

When will I know if I have received an offer for my home?

We, the agent, will notify you (the client/owner) immediately of any offers received together with any information relevant to the status of such offers.

What costs should I expect to pay?

If you decide to use us as your agent, you will be provided with a detailed breakdown of all the fees when you receive your ‘Terms Of Engagement’ contract, which needs to be signed before any work can commence.

In terms of set-up costs, these include but are not limited to; initial inspection and photography, preparation of marketing particulars, printing and postage other than for specific campaigns, promotion to our website and amendment of information during our instruction. VAT applies to all fees, charges and costs.

Lettings FAQs

What is the minimum length of contract for a tenant?

Every letting contract in the UK is for a minimum of six months and you are legally bound to pay the agreed rental sum to remain in this property for this amount of time.

How do tenants report a maintenance issue?

All tenants must report repairs and maintenance directly via the Report A Repair page on our website or by emailing maintenance@hullpc.com

Any urgent maintenance issues report directly by calling our office on 01482 235435.

All out of hours urgent queries will be collected by the team of HPC and dealt with accordingly. You must not report any repairs or maintenance issues via WhatsApp to any of our staff members.

Do tenants need to allow access for inspections?

As the property’s Agent, we will need to inspect the property on a periodic basis and keep a report on file.

For tenants who have rented full family houses, by law we must conduct annual inspections for Gas and electric. Our contractors will be provided with tenant contact details and they will contact you directly to organise access.

We also must perform inspections reports every 3 months which will be carried out by a staff member of HPC and we will contact you directly for access into your home. If reasonable efforts cannot be made to enter the home, we will inform you that we will use our agent set of keys to undertake the inspection, which we will inform you by email or letter.

For access in shared accommodation, we will inspect the Property on a periodic basis and keep a report on file. HPC staff and contractors who carry out works on behalf of the landlord are permitted to be in the communal areas at any time of the day without prior notice of tenants.

We will always provide 24 hours’ notice to enter personal spaces (such as your room/s) by phone or email and make reasonable effort to contact any tenant for entrance to rooms.

Why do we need to see a tenant’s BRP identity card?

If you need a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card to live in the UK, we will need to see proof of these documents. Upon receipt, BRP Cards must be sent to Monika@hullpc.com and this is a legal requirement to complete your right to rent within the UK. Please ensure this is completed within 7 days of your arrival into the UK and into a home rented under Hull Property Centre Ltd.

How do I end my tenancy?

At month 5 you would be required to give 30 days’ notice on your rent anniversary to quit your tenancy so you can leave at month 6.

If you decide to stay after the 6-month period, there is not a requirement to renew for another 6 months as the tenancy will roll over into a 30-day rolling period.

When do tenants give the keys back?

Every tenant is legally obliged to hand over the keys on the day of contract expiration or notice period.

The tenant must then ensure the property is left clean and tidy, ready for another tenant arrival, and they are also responsible for cleaning the communal areas, including any shelves in the refrigerators and cupboard spaces in the kitchen.

All keys must be returned to our office, based at Hull Property Centre, 57 Chanterlands Avenue, Hull, HU5 3ST.

Our clients say it best

Very good and helpful agency, really professional, giving me very good advice and being really very good help. I recommend this company to everyone seeking good house!

Anda Zujeva

Louise was so helpful quick and understanding when it came to my situation. Every problem was solved so quickly and she is a fantastic communicator! Would highly recommend.

Majd El Rifai

I had a great experience meeting the staff at HPC, they are friendly and helpful. I would recommend HPC for first timers like my myself, they are really understanding.

Ayomipeju Dorcas

© Hull Property Centre 2024 | All Rights Reserved | VAT no: 324 6578 87 | Company no: 10712080